Friday, October 28, 2011

Okay so after much procrastinating about half way through the project... I finally finished my new couch quilt.

I call it "Randomosity" (basically... scrappy quilt).  Its gotta be, like, 12 feet long and made out of every fabric I have come in contact with in the last 10 years that didn't get used up in a project!  Oh wait its posted pics below and I think I already wrote that.  Okay so here it is ON the actual couch.  I love my couch (its my second one of the exact same model... different colour tho).  I have this fundamental belief... that couches... should last in excess of 20 or more years... if they are cared for correctly (I get it from my mother).  So this is my goal (plus I needed and excuse to quilt more and use up TONNES of scrap fabric... into something 'useful').

Its not gorgeous... but its funky, I think... and lets face it... its a place to park ones 'sit-upon'.






So, I blinked this afternoon... and a blanket fort went up in my livingroom.  I had no idea forts could just so spontaneously pop up from one second to the next until I had a BOY.  I shall not trade the experiences for anything :-)  HOWEVER!  I bring this point up to show how my recent quilt has found new and expanding roles in our home... it is now an integral part of this blanket fort with its sidekick Cars quilt (christmas 2010).  I think somewhere along the journey I gave up? because its midnight, almost... and theres still a fort and blankets all over my livingroom!  Oh, no wait... I remember giving up... several years ago.  Haha... my bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment